What is a Returning JG Family?
Do I Qualify as a Returning JG Family?
- To qualify as a returning JG Family, your child(ren) must have participated in the Newport Beach Junior Lifeguard Program the previous year. For example, to be considered a "Returning JG Family" for 2017, your child(ren) had to have participated in the 2016 NBJG Program.
- During the "Returning JG Family" registration period, Returning JG Families will have an opportunity to enroll in the same session they had during the previous year's JG Summer Program. During registration, Returning JG Families can request a different session, but session switches are not guaranteed.
- Your child(ren) will remain in "Returning JG Family" status through the end of the "Returning JG Family" registration period. If we do not receive payment by this date, prior year's session time is no longer guaranteed and your child(ren) will be placed in a NEW JG status.
- During registration, you can add a sibling to your account.
You DO NOT Qualify as a Returning JG Family If...
- Your child has never participated in the NBJG Program.
- Your child did not participate in the previous year's program. (e.g. If your child participated in 2015, but not 2016, your child DOES NOT qualify as a "Returning JG" for 2017.)
- We have not received payment by the time the "Returning JG Family" registration period has closed.