You must sign-up online prior to attending the NBJG Swim Test! Sign-ups for the swim test will begin in January.
All NBJG participants are required to pass the NBJG Swim Test each year in order to qualify for program participation.
2018 Dates & Times:
Make-up dates are not offered.
2018 Swim Requirements:
1. Must swim 100 yards (4 lengths of a 25 yard pool) in the times listed below. You may try a maximum of 5 times in the course of the 3 tryout days.
|July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009||
|July 1, 2006 to June 30, 2008||
|July 1, 2004 to June 30, 2006||
|July 1, 2002 to June 30, 2004||
2. Must tread water for 3 minutes without touching the sides of the pool.
What to Bring:
1. All Participants: Must bring a printed and signed waiver before they are allowed in the pool. (Log in or sign up at the bottom of this page.)
2. All Participants: Must have a legal parent/guardian present with your child(ren) at the swim test.
3. New JGs: Must bring original birth certificate or passport for age verification.
4. Newport Residents: If your child did not participate in the JG Program in 2016, you must provide proof of residency.
Acceptable proof of residency includes...
A government photo issued ID of the registering parent along with 2 of the following:
Mortgage or Lease Contract
Property Tax Bill
Gas or Electric Bill
Bank Statement or Check