JUNIOR LIFEGUARD GENERAL ORDERS
In order for the Junior Lifeguard Program to provide a safe and effective learning environment, all Junior Guards are required to follow these rules:
- Arrive ON TIME wearing uniform with required gear in your issued backpack.
- DO NOT bring any valuables. (Examples: I-pod, jewelry, money, etc.)
- Cell phones are not allowed to be used during class time.
- Make-up days are only allowed after missing 5 days.
- A signed note is required from the JG's parent/guardian to be excused.
- DO NOT wear JG uniform outside of JG class.
- Please throw away your trash.
- Respect all Junior Lifeguard equipment.
- Exhibit good sportsmanship at all times.
- Ask permission before borrowing another JG’s equipment.
- Cussing and inappropriate hand gestures are never allowed.
- Answer all questions with “yes”, rather than “yeah”, “yep”, etc.
- Remain alert at all times and be responsible for your own safety.
- Always act immediately upon the request of instructors.
- Always use the “buddy system."
- JGs should always be polite, courteous, and respectful.
- JGs should always be safe and follow the “rules of the road."
- JGs will ALWAYS wear a HELMET when riding bikes, no exceptions!
- Remember: Junior Lifeguards represent the City of Newport Beach.